The MISSION of the OPWL department is:
To develop organizational performance and workplace learning professionals who can engineer interventions to solve organizational problems.
This means that we promote the following ideas:
- Sound solutions are based on careful analysis
- Complex problems require multi-dimensional solutions
- Professional practice is informed by knowledge from diverse fields
The VISION of the OPWL department is:
To be an internationally recognized center of scholarship in organizational performance and workplace learning.
This means that we will:
- Engage in systematic studies to generate new knowledge that:
- Contribute to the available literature in the field
- Respond to the needs of the professional and academic communities
- Adapt to the rapidly changing nature of the field
- Identify and explore new directions for the field
- Serve as a repository for expert knowledge in performance improvement
If you are a K-12 teacher, your learning and professional goals may be more aligned with Boise State University’s Educational Technology online masters program and we encourage you to visit their program page.