OPWL 516 Course Outcomes and Activities
Provides a career coaching experience for emerging and second career professionals pursuing job opportunities in the OPWL workplace. Includes job targeting, course planning, opportunity pursuit, and refection. Explores ways to continue working on professional development outside the classroom.
You will be partnered one-on-one with a program graduate/career coach and together you will develop a schedule for meeting via Zoom (a video/audio conferencing tool). During each meeting you will determine the learning activities to accomplish the outcomes you and your coach determined at the start of the course.
- Learning: Improve professional readiness to enter and advance in the OPWL workplace
- Development: Build self-confidence addressing societal, organizational, and personal issues affecting entry and advancement into the OPWL workplace
- Target OPWL workplaces, positions, and jobs
- Pursue an OPWL job opportunity (review/revise resume, cover letter, and job targets)
- Reflect on personal development through goal setting, journaling and one-on-one coaching/mentor conversations
Coaching | Development Activities (per the International Coaching Federation)
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable