Student Strategies for Success Video
OPWL students give advice and strategies for being a
successful graduate student.
Virtual Teams and OPWL Coursework
Jennifer A. Shamsy shares tips from her master’s program team project experiences.
Tools for Improving Writing
Most of OPWL classes require students to use APA style for writing in-text citations and references in their term papers. Many OPWL related academic journals and trade magazines use APA style as well. Students are encouraged to purchase a copy of the APA style manual. Students may use software such as EndNote to collect and organize their own bibliographies.
- American Psychological Association (APA) style manual (6th ed.)
- Electronic Reference Formats Recommended by the APA style
- APA style guidelines provided by the OPWL department
- APA Style Basics (PDF) (updated January 2019)
- APA template
- Boise State University Resources
- Other Writing Resources
- Library Videos