The OPWL is an entirely online program geared to the full-time working professional who needs flexibility in time (within any given week) and location. A number of students have reported that the courses have helped to substantially increase their capability and credibility in the work place. OPWL students are accomplishing numerous and professional accomplishments, largely, they indicate to us, as a result of their learning from the OPWL program. See OPWL student/graduate accomplishments and OPWL graduate testimonials.
While in graduate study you may need to upgrade your computer and purchase software, textbooks, etc. To take advantage of student discounts that are available, we encourage you to obtain a university ID card.
To request a Boise State student ID card attach a digital photo in .jpg format in an e-mail to email@example.com. In the body of the message, include your ID number and return mailing address. Below are the requirements for your photo:
Emailed Photo Submission Guidelines
- jpg format
- No larger than 1200 x 1600 pixels
- Full face and shoulders only, no profile pictures
- No hats, caps, or scarves
- No animals or props allowed
- Please use a neutral background
Blackboard (Bb) is a web-based course management system designed to allow students and faculty to participate in classes delivered online. Review the Bb online graduate study checklist below.
OPWL classes are conducted in the learning management system (LMS) Blackboard. Below is a checklist to assist you with preparing for your online graduate study.
- your computer meets minimum system requirements
- you have access to and are receiving mail from your u.boisestate.edu email account.
To do this, go to my.boisestate.edu –> click on Student Sign In –> enter log in credentials –> Click on Bronco Mail (G Suite). Please verify access to your university email because all university correspondence as well as course information will be sent to your u.boisestate.edu address! (Note: You can forward your u.boisestate.edu email to your preferred email address. Learn more at the Gmail at Boise State page.)
- you have access to blackboard by going to blackboard.boisestate.edu and using your my.boisestate.edu credentials to sign in
- you have reviewed the university Blackboard student help section and are ready for your semester start at least one week in advance of the first day of classes. See academic calendar.
For further insight into Blackboard and its application and functionality, visit: https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackboardTV/videos
If you have questions or need support, please visit the university student support services at: http://oit.boisestate.edu/students/
CALL 208-426-HELP (4357) | Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon-Thurs: 7am – 10pm
Fri: 7am – 6pm
Sat-Sun: 10am – 5pm
All the usual workplace software is needed: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. But before purchasing be sure you take advantage of university student software deals and stores, as well as free collaborative online video tools for student team and project meetings as well as free text-to-speech software tools that will assist you with all your coursework reading.
- FREE Microsoft Office Pro (which contains Word, Excel, and Powerpoint + others) for Boise State students
- FREE download of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- FREE Collaborative Online Video/Screen Sharing Tools
- FREE Text to Speech Tools
- Text to Speech Apps you can buy for your device
- Research Management
- Broncotec is an online university store priced to meet student technology needs
Hardware – PC or MAC?
Review the requirements for each and confirm your computer system meets your needs.
- 1 GHz or faster Intel Pentium 4, Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor
- Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or 8.1
- Multicore Intel processor
- Mac OS X v10.9; iOS 7.0.6, iOS 8.0.2 (for iPad)
- 2 GB of RAM minimum (4 GB recommended)
- 250 GB hard-disk
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or 11 for viewing multimedia content
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024×768 display (1280×1024 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- USB headset with a microphone